Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Things that are yummy... Life snacks

So I've been in a particularly nostalgic mood lately. Thinking about old flames, old friends, old memories and Johnny Depp. Granted, Mr. Depp does not necessarily belong grouped with the others, he is devastatingly hot and I like think about him too :)

In thinking about old memories and old boyfriends and the such, I found that daydreaming about these great times in my past were like tasty little treats in my day. I don't normally find myself digging up these old memories, but once and awhile its fun to see what you can actually remember. Moments I thought I would never forget, I seemingly have! Things that at the time I thought were monumental in my life- were actually very inconsequential.

Anyway- my point is, that I wanted to make a list of Things that Are "Yummy"... my tasty little zero calorie treats. Life Snacks. Things from the past that are fun to think about and also, current situations that are actually a pleasant diversion from the mundane routine we all get stuck in. Enjoy!

Things That are Yummy.

1. Johnny Depp. Lets just get that one out of the way. Move over Matt Damon and People magazine, Johnny Depp wins my sexiest man EVER award. No contest. Moving on.

2. First kisses. And I don't even mean your very first kiss. In general- the first kiss with a new person. Often forgettable, but once in a while, if you're very lucky, you get one that you won't ever forget. First kisses can be very yummy.


3. Those little raspberry candies... you know, the ones that come in red and purple (or are they blackberries? I never can tell). Anyway- they're totally yummy. Okay- not in this list's definition of yummy- but when I thought "yummy" they are what came to mind. :)

4. Cpt. Jack Sparrow

5. Random college memories that I thought I forgot until I uncovered a forgotten photo album. Pictures from my skinny days.... sigh. And to think, I thought I was fat back then. Ha. What I wouldn't give to be that "fat" now! I digress... this post is about fun yummy memories. LG. I mentioned him once before. He's a great college memory. He was my best friend. He really was my best friend. I wish he still was, but sadly he had some crazy fiance who he met after he graduated (I was still in college) and she wouldn't let him talk to me anymore. Needless to say, that ended and we're friends again, although sadly, I don't think it will ever be the friendship that it was :(


6. Man, I get so distracted in my thoughts. I really need to learn to focus. Ok, so number 6 on my list of things that are yummy. Orlando Bloom in the last scenes of Pirates 3. Don't know what I'm talking about? Watch it. You won't regret it.

7. Walking at night after a big snow fall. Everything is quiet and calm. Oh, gosh that is one of my very favorite life snacks.

8. Flowers, when you don't expect them. Florist flowers are great, and I love those, who doesn't. But what inspired this entry is the little plant I have on the windowsill in my office. When I bought it, it had a few flowers, but then the flowers went away and didn't come back. The plant was alive and flourishing, but not flowering. Then one day, I noticed a little flower bud. Then another, and after a week, there were 7! Then 10! And it kept flowering and to this day it always has flowers on it. Always makes me smile.

9. Turning on the radio in the car and hearing your favorite song, or better yet, a favorite song from years ago! This often brings back memories which presumably are good since it was your favorite song for a reason. And good memories are always great snacks.

10. Speaking of songs, how about those songs that you associate with a sad time? And yet, instead of making you sad, they remind you of just how far you've come. Those are just as yummy as the happy songs.

That's all I have time for now, many more to come...

No comments: