Friday, November 9, 2007

The Long and Short of Things... namely my hair

Yesterday I had a hair appointment at a new salon in town (new to me, not new to the town). The last time my hair saw a pair of scissors was back in January. I took off a good 6 inches at that time and have been patiently waiting for it to grow back. Well, it finally has, almost... close enough.

So I decided that now that my hair is getting longer, it needed a trim. I needed layers put back in to it so I don't get triangle hair. So I'm all excited for my new salon, its a spa, by the way. I feel like I should mention that since it was super fancy, and I shit you not, the last haircut I got was at the Haircuttery. So I sit in the chair and Song (that's his name) introduces himself and we talk about my impending haircut. It went a little something like this:

Song: So, what we do today?

Me: I just need a trim and I want some long layers put in (I fluff my hair and point).

Song: Ok, so how much you want off?

Me: Oh, I don't want any length off! I'm growing it out, so I just want layers, keep the length.

Song: Ok, so I take about 2 inches.

Me: ...uh---

Song: Maybe 2 and half.

Me: No, no, see I want to keep it long. I don't it cut short.

Song: Lets go wash hair now.


And that's where I cowered and went along with Song to get my hair washed. It was one of the better washes I've ever had. They use this aromatherapy shampoo and it smelled so good and made my head all tingly... in a good way.

Long story a little less long: he cut off about 2 1/2 or 3 inches. I hate it. I like the layers (sort of) but I HATE the length. He cut me to the "in between length." You know what I'm talking about. That length you can't wait for your hair to grow out of. Right in between really short and pleasantly long. Nobody actually goes in and asks for the "in between length."

Fortunately hair grows. Ho hum.

No comments: