Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Who are these people?

A few nights ago I was out to dinner and we parked next to an minivan. Nothing too unusual there. But then, I'm climbing out of our car and my eyes focus on something on the minivan. That something was fake bullet holes. Really? My brain flooded with questions- Why?? Who does that? What type of person thinks fake bullet holes are a good idea? Are they trying to look like they were in a drive by shooting? Is that a desirable look for a vehicle? Do their friends think they're cool because they have bullet hole stickers on their car? Do they want people to think they're bad ass because their car has been shot up?
I've seen these stickers before- so I'm not sure where the mental outrage came from this time. Its sort of like the people with fake legs hanging out of their trunk, or the fake baseball in the window. Maybe I'm just being a car snob. Or just a snob in general, which is far more likely.

In my googling for pictures to accompany this post, I found that there is in fact a whole world devoted to fake bullet holes... interested? Check out www.bullet-hole-decals.com/ "You've seen people here there and everywhere with them, and now you can have them for yourself on your own bus, truck, car, suv, motorbike, even your bicycle or helmet - It's the really cool Bullet Hole Decals...Check out the cool real-life picture over there to the right (left) of a Honda motor vehicle with several bullet hole decals attached. Forget big mufflers, stereo equipment and those other complicated and expensive ways to customize your car. These fake bullet hole stickers are a truly inexpensive and fun way to customize your car and add a little 'shock effect' to motorists that may pull up beside you."
So according to this website, its for shock effect. I've never really had a desire to "shock" other drives. I suppose if I did though, I'd come up with other ways to do so.

No comments: