Thursday, January 17, 2008

All things great in 2008

Happy New Year!

It's now 2008, which is so very strange. So many things happened so long ago, that I'm starting to feel old. And yes, I realize how ridiculous that statement sounds. But its true. I think about things that happened in 2000 and it seems like yesterday, but it was 8 years ago, holy crap.

I feel like I've finally started "life." I'm working, paying bills, cleaning my apartment, paying rent, paying bills, paying more bills, having a little fun and paying bills. I worry about things like taxes and health insurance. I stress about the price of gas. I watch debates on CNN and hunker down to watch the news at night. There are times I would rather watch Wolf Blitzer than Carrie Bradshaw. What the hell.

So anywho, 2008 seems to be off to a great start. Nobody has died yet. Haha, sorry. Apparently my awkward sense of humor regarding death is still lingering. But seriously, 2008 is so far, so good. 2006 was horrible for obvious reasons (if you're not sure why, check out the link for "my mom's site" to the right), and 2007 was basically a get fat and recover from 2006 type of year. Then to cap off the great year of '07, my Grandpa died. I did not like 2007, I will very easily forget that year. Or else, remember it as the first year I lived without my mom. Now its 2008, those two years are well behind me and I feel so alive and ready to live again.

I feel excited. About a lot of things, and I haven't felt excited in a very long time. I'm excited for this to be a great year, and to bring great change, and great progress. I feel stronger. Stronger than ever.

And I wish you all (whoever that may be) the very best as well. I hope that you feel rejuvenated and excited. I hope that you find something that refreshes you and brings you new life. I hope 2008 is a good year for you, with no major obstacles that you can't handle.

All the best,
e



No comments: